Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Scraplift challenge! 1 hour "lucky" scrapbook page

Hello there!
I've decided to move my scrapbook "hot topics" post to sundays.
I suspect most of my readers don't want wordy posts on wednesdays.
If you feel otherwise please feel free to leave a comment!

Today I want to share a 1 hour project I made for the True Xoxo Scrapbook Challenge Blog.
I've been scrapping with these gals since the group formed in 2010.
I stick around because group leader, Lindsay, comes up with THE BEST challenge ideas!

Here's my page:
Materials: Studio Calico "Darling Dear" paper, Glitz filmstrip transparency (which comes with those
awesome mini windows! LOVE!), Heidi Swapp Teal mist, Sassafras Lass woodgrain alphas
and red alphas from Joann's. Teal tape from Target.
Xoxo has two scrap lift challenges a month.
The way it works is you swing by and pick a page to lift. Then link the page up.
Simple!
The winner of each month gets a GDT spot on the team which is nice since we get to chat.

The only family photo in front of a fantastic sunburst mural that is gone now.
Dave and Lola were complaining mightily so
all I got was this one photo. I find Lola co-operates with smiles more if she
sees what is happening in the camera- which makes sense, actually.
The March mid-month challenge theme was "lucky" in honor of Saint Patrick's Day.

By PURE luck, I picked out a paper that had a teal title on it and some washi tape to match.
The scanner turned the teal green and I decided that was also a good thing.

The film strip comes from the AWESOME Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" collection which is one of my favorites this year.

What's this? Swing by the A Flair For Buttons Blog and read all about it!
(Please and thank you!)
Swing by True Xoxo and join the challenge.

Thanks for swinging by!
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. Awesome take on the challenge. I love this photo, sometimes one great shot is all it takes! Love how you are bring back transparencies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute photo of you and your family!!! Always enjoy your pages!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.