Friday, October 26, 2012

Christmas is coming! A Punky Scraps challenge page

Every parent has this moment:
It's 2 days before a major holiday (in my case, Christmas)

You realize that in all the hubbub you forgot one major holiday related errand:
(The photo for the Christmas cards!..... )
(AAACK!!! I forgot to MAKE the Christmas cards!!!!)

So you make do.

The cute camera flair button is from A Flair For Buttons on Etsy (Now also at Two Peas in a Bucket)
And that PERFECT shade of gold is from Heidi Swapp's Color Shine mist- get some! It's perfect!
Yes that is the hat from Miss Lola's chili costume.
What? That makes no sense?
Who said family Christmas photos had to make SENSE? :)
I stuck it on there to make her look like an elf. (???)
Lola woke up to find herself floating in mid-air with a flash going off.
Poor thing!
Scrap FX Antler Animals pack (model #2012234)- when I got this in my DT package I was all- hmmm.
Then I was Like YAY!!! This deer does NOT approve.
The second Punky Scraps challenge for October is to use the following elements on a page:

  • Masking (I used the FABULOUS Aboriginal pattern from Crafter's Workshop)
  • Staples (Mine attach the twine to the photo)
  • 3 kinds of punches (On this page: corner punch by Ek Success, the pinked circle punch all around punch by Martha Stewart and American Crafts pinked edge punch)
  • Chevron pattern (My Mind's Eye print and stickers from Echo Park)
  • 2 patterned papers (My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side and American Crafts Ready Set Go)
  • 1 photo 

I remember being so ANNOYED that our 2010 family Christmas photo wasn't a perfect air brushed family in matching sweaters in front of a tree or outside in a pretty cityscape.
Scrap FX funky alphabet 2012286- a HUGE favorite for it's rounded edges.
I used Picket Fence Stickles on it to give it that snowy look.
But I think this photo is more authentic.
It perfectly captures the inner workings of my brain.
I can't say family- both husband and child put up quite a fight during this shoot and every frame shows someone frowning in some way.
Can I anyone blame them?
I'm so sorry guys! Can we laugh about it now?

Please swing by Punky Scraps to get in on the challenge!
You have till November 15th to come up with your own zany page.
What a family portrait looks like when I DON'T interfere.
Smooches!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, love it! That photo is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL funny but cute layout. Love the picture @ the bottom are you gonna scrap it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a word- HECK YES!!! The bottom photos are always the next thing I scrap- like a mini preview (or more likely- a note to self). :)

      Delete
  3. Just too funny! Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant photos Michelle - the Christmas one is PERFECT in every way!!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rolling on the floor laughing. That photo TOTALLY looks like something I'd do! I love your layout to bits. Purely wonderful and SO real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sneak peak is awesome and the pic is so funny, great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!! Totally LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.