Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The NEON Challenge!!

2012 is the year neon came back!
I'm seeing it everywhere.

Even on the lace bows of expensive french lingerie! 
Who wears neutral underwear with blindingly bright pink bows that cost 200 just for the bra?

MATERIALS: Bazzill grey card stock, Cocoa Daisy stamp, Cosmo Cricket’s DeLovely paper,
Crafter’s Workshop 6x6 chevron stencil, SC Mister Huey in white and chipboard from
Crate Paper, Sakura Gelly Roll pen outlines in fluorescent yellow,  neon pink twine,
Cosmo Cricket Heart In The Dark alphas and Jenni Bowlin flying bird punch.
To celebrate, I'm hosting a challenge over at DO MORE WITH LESS.
Yvonne Yam's awesome scrap style is both clean, modern and full of messy techniques such as paint, upcycled items and glitter.
How does she manage to pull it all off with nary a finger print or stray pencil mark on the page???
I aspire to that kind of control over technique.
This project was shaping up so well! Those finger prints are
UNINTENTIONAL and decidedly UNHAPPY accidents!
Perhaps you have some generic price stickers or neon pink twine lying around?  Most of Hambly's entire inventory qualifies. I've also found lots of great neon in Basic Grey (Out of Print) and Crate Paper's Random line.
Cosmo Cricket totally saw the trend coming because the entire DeLovely line is neon and it came out last winter.
Martha Stewart NEON GLITTER! EEEE!
25 dollars for the pack! Coupon time!
If nothing else Sakura makes neon gellyroll pens. (EEEEE!)
I tend to buy these every time I go to the scrap store because I use them on everything.
And there's always the 89 cent bottles of craft acrylic paint from the kids section at the arts and craft store.
Price stickers, 89 cent paints and thread.
At 5 bucks a pop perhaps thread is the purchase you want to save till
you've decided you love neon.
Swing by Do More With Less- you probably are already a follower- she's that awesome.
Thank you so much for the opportunity Yvonne!
My second project-you can do better I'm SURE! I do like the border. REDO TIME!
Materials: Basic Grey Life of the Party, Ki Memories NYC puffy, woodgrain fabric circles, Hambly
woodgrain washi tape,  EK Success peg alpha stamps, Scrap FX flying bird chip board, American
Crafts Zing embossing powder, K & Co Smash tape, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Mermaid.
Ah bribery- the BEST way to drive traffic.
Here's what you get if you win the challenge:

GRATUITOUS TODDLER SHOT!!!!
MuChoS SmOoChEs!
Michelle

17 comments:

  1. Great card...love the design and neon colors...and that layout is beautiful! Such a cool pic...Is the background paper like that or did you collage it?...the entire thing is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the print on the Basic Grey paper! Isn't it awesome? I really wish I had bought more of it- it's so fantastic!

      Delete
  2. You made that neon look so cool! It's not a color scheme I normally go for but wow, you made it look so attractive! And what re-do?! I just don't see it, was just thinking to myself how much I liked page no. 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of neon colours Michelle! Thanks for being my guest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne- let's just say I jump a little every time I get a comment from you here- it means a whole heck of a lot. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow...LOVE your page. That BG Out of Print is so perfect, and the woodgrain washi tape looks awesome as a border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked the neon colors! I totally don't know if I can do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great gf! Great challenge! Love what you did with Neon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabby I would LOVE for you to link up your work- you work is the PERFECT example of why neon ROCKS- seriously!!

      Delete
  7. seriously awesome!!! I am so inspired to get some neon action going in my studio now! I love the stitching on those circles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow I really love all the bits of neon... not to much but just the right amount.. thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty dang amazing canvas.. i love your touch with neon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny that you live so close to the Art House Co-op! Yeah, that would be pretty darn freaky (and cool) if I got yours or you got mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it acceptable to share I jumped on the neon undergarment trend??!!! Oh yeah. =D

    Heading over to Yvonne's in the morning - I'm all about bribes. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY! :) I actually loved the colors- I was reacting to the bananas price tag- maybe I'll take a photo so you can see what I mean. :)

      Delete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.